Do You Have a Horse Looking for a New Job?
REACH provides equine-assisted activities and therapies to children, adults and veterans with physical, cognitive and emotional disabilities. Because of our commitment to our clients and the subsequent high standards for our therapy horses, REACH typically is only able to approve and accept an average of 1 in 15 horses generously presented to us as a donation or a loan. Required criteria for your horse includes, but is not limited to:
- Must be physically and behaviorally sound with no injuries or vices
- Must be able to walk, trot and canter on the correct leads on the rail
- Calm, patient and friendly temperament with excellent ground manners
- Ideally between the ages of 8-17 years old
- Training in a Western or English discipline preferred
- Has been ridden on average 2-3 times a week for the past six months
- Show ring experience is a plus
We DO NOT accept:
- Horses that are over the age of 20
If you feel that you have a potential candidate for therapy work, please download the Horse Questionnaire. Give us a call at 254-848-7888 or email sruggles@REACHtrc.org with any further questions.